Hey friends, it’s me, Thomas.
Here’s the thing… (CLICK HERE: https://igg.me/at/tplostalbum)
In the spring of 2013, I started recording an album… And then I stopped. Well, stopped isn’t the right word. I got sidetracked. Sidetracked by myself, mostly, but also by life, randomness, physical and mental health, and more….
But this album still kept sitting there. It never deserted me! I would occasionally experience a burst of forward motion, only to let it slip away again. But this album, and the other people involved with it, never gave up on me. I even finished 2 other albums since I started this one. They just… happened. Their path was easier. But not because there’s anything wrong with this album. In fact, quite the opposite. This is probably the most vital and important work that I have done to date.
And I’m really excited about it. (GO HERE: https://igg.me/at/tplostalbum)
These are some of the best songs I’ve ever written.
It’s been recorded with the incredible Steve Fulton at Audio Lab Recording Studios in Garden City… It’s got so many really great musicians on it, from not only my long-time collaborators like Bob Nagel (Bill Coffey, Naughties, Dan Costello) and Louis McFarland (New Transit, Clay Moore, etc.) but also from other great musicians like:
- Melissa Wilson (System & Station, CJ Boyd, Boise Cello Collective)
- Eric Dewitt (Matt Hopper, Lounge On Fire, With Child)
- Jake Saunders (208 Ensemble)
- Shane Cox (La Misa Negra, Funky Spuds, El Metate)
- Current and former members of the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra
This is all awesome but, I need your help…
I’m doing this campaign with IndieGoGo.
Just think of it as like a “pre-order” kind of situation. You love music and supporting the arts, so why not help me out by ordering the album ahead of time? Then we can keep the hungry debt monster out of our fun party.
WHERE DOES YOUR MONEY GO:
Well, most importantly, it goes LOCAL.
Almost everything about this album is being handled here in Boise. It’s very important to me to support the artists and craftspeople who make our lives so enjoyable. So this album budget includes a fair, living wage for the album artist, videographer, marketer, AND! For the first time… I am going to be able to pay the musicians for their time spent in the recording studio. This means so much to me and YOU are making it possible with your support of this project. We can put real money in the hands of amazing humans who have (so far) volunteered their time to help me share my art.
There’s a ton of cool rewards at https://igg.me/at/tplostalbum such as:
- A very warm feeling
- Digital download of album and advance single
- Signed CDs (or cassette. I could personally make you a tape! Woohoo! Tapes are back!)
- Free admission to “Lost Album” CD release concert extravaganza at VAC on 1/5/19
- Special t-shirt/stickers for people who donated, specific to this campaign!
- Music Lessons or Consulting (I am a full-time music teacher/former radio DJ/music enthusiast, I can help you with music! Guitar lessons, the perfect wedding playlist, whatever you need!)
- Ticket to a future T. Paul show of your choice
- A grab-bag of albums from my other projects (might include but not limited to: New Transit, Tracy Morrison, eL Dopamine, Bill Coffey, Ryan Bayne, and many, many more…)
- I will play a house show…at your house, or any house you say, or anywhere, as long as we have permission… I can go solo, or duo, or trio, or bring a band, what do you think? Where can we go with this?
- And more… Don’t see the reward you want? Let’s craft a custom reward just for for you!
Other Ways You Can Help
Even if you can’t help out financially, I love you for reading this and supporting the arts.
Please consider sharing this campaign with the music lovers in your life?
Getting the word out about this album is a huge gift and I thank you for your support.
Yours in music, TP